Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

#11 -- Katy Perry for OPI

As a big lover of Katy Perry...her music, style, nails, etc. I was so excited when I heard she was getting together with OPI to release a 4 polish limited edition collection plus a Black Shatter polish, being a lover of nail varnishes I knew I HAD to have this collection and I am definitely not disappointed with it!
Katy said she wanted the Black Shatter to create a "Leopard Effect" and that it does.
Image taken from Google Images.

Image taken from Google Images.
 I got these yesterday at Sally Salon Services and they cost £6.30 +VAT for the 4 piece mini collection, I really want the Black Shatter polish and the bigger versions of the polishes as well!
Since I don't have the Black Shatter OPI polish, I decided to use my Barry M Instant Effects nail polish instead as it works in exactly the same way!
My picture skills aren't very good and some pictures aren't the best.
My mini collection and Barry M Instant Effects.
First I tried "Teenage Dream" which is a gorgeous sparkly pink polish, it really is beautiful. I thought at first it would just be like normal glitters and be all glitter and no colour underneath but I was definately wrong, and it has a sheer pink underneath packed with lot's and lot's of glitter!! I love it. I have done a swatch on a colour wheel for you, one on its own and one with Barry M Instant Effects over the top.
Teenage Dream

Teenage Dream
 Then I tried "The One That Got Away" which looks like a dark red in it's bottle, but when it goes on the nail it is more of a dark pinkish/red polish which looks really nice, it also has a lot of shimmer in it! It's simply beautiful, possibly my favourite of the four :). I have done a swatch on a colour wheel for you, one on its own and one with Barry M Instant Effects over the top.
The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away
 Then I tried "Last Friday Night" which is a sparkly blue polish, its nice but it's very hard to build up and has no real colour underneath it just lot's and lot's of glitter really! Still looks nice though and will probably look good over a similar coloured blue or even a black polish :). I have done a swatch on a colour wheel for you, one on its own and one with Barry M Instant Effects over the top. This colour was impossible to photograph on the nail wheel as it disappeared when I had the flash on, on the camera so I tried without the flash and this is what I got.
Last Friday Night

Last Friday Night
The last colour I tried was "Not Like The Movies" which I think is a very misleading colour, it comes out a lot lighter on the nail than it looks in the bottle, it has a mix of grey, purple and green tones in it, it is very shimmery again, it does build up to be darker. I have done a swatch on a colour wheel for you, one on its own and one with Barry M Instant Effects over the top.
Not Like The Movies

Not Like The Movies
 Overall I love this collection and definately want the bigger bottles and the Black Shatter polish as well!
I can't wait to go and see Katy Perry live this year in October :).

No comments:

Post a Comment