Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

#107 -- Haul and Swatches

I'm back for blogging now, I have been busy for the last two weeks having exams, went to a friends wedding, had my mam's 40th birthday, time with friends and the boyfriend, having full days spent at College doing work and treatments and also doing a few treatments at other peoples houses for a bit of extra money as well. I am going to try and blog at least once or twice a week from now on.

I have decided to show you a few bits and bobs I've bought over the past two weeks.
After reading a lot about MUA products and trying one of the lipsticks I bought a few of the eyeshadows to try out as I have heard good things about them, and for £1.00 each you can't really go wrong.
 
I got shade 2 (top), 17 (left) and 11 (right).
These don't have names which really confuses me! But I went for neutral tones to create a day time smokey eye look with.
Here are some swatches of the eyeshadows on the back of my hand.
Shade 2 and 11 are pearl and shade 17 is matte. These are very pigmented and easy to work with for £1.00. Definitely worth buying. These are available from Superdrug.

Next up some Avon Matte Nail Polishes, these were pricey at £6.00 but I got them on a 2 for £8.00 deal.
On the picture of the bottles there is Violetta (left) and Inky Blue (right), and on the swatch picture they are the other way around. I have to say I am not much of  fan of these when they are matte I much prefer shiney nail polishes. And if you don't use a base coat they DO stain your nails, it took me forever to get Violetta off my nails, and they chip really easily too!
Worth £6.00? Not at all! You can purchase these and other colours from Avon.

Next up is 17 cosmetics' crackle top coat. This one was £3.99 and I got it to try it out as I have tried most of the other crackle coats. This one is Gold, the only one I have seen in Gold.
 Here it is swatched over Rimmel Purple Reign. I actually really like this and the way it has cracked to show glimmers of colour, it definitely works best over darker colours such as this one.
For £3.99 it is worth a shot! You can get this from Boots.

Next up is two products by Rimmel, I love Rimmel as a cosmetic brand especially the foundations as I find them easy to work with and the tones are always good for my skin tone. 
First is the Hide the Blemish Concealer in Ivory 001, my mam uses this and loves it so I thought I would try it out as I was looking for a good cover up and it does the job well, you can see it swatched above my MUA eyeshadows.
 This was £4.49, very good in my opinion for a great product like this. I got it whilst the 3 for 2 offer was on in Boots. 
The next Rimmel product is the new Day 2 Night mascara which has two wands one for volume on a night time and one for length on the day time. I got this as I wanted to try it as soon as I saw it.
I got it in Black, you can also get in Brown and Brown/Black I believe. It definitely does the job well. I got this in Tesco for £5.99, it is usually £7.99 but is currently £2 off in Tesco and Superdrug. 

I hope you enjoyed my haul and swatch post.

No comments:

Post a Comment